Thailand Says Goodbye to Panda TV – blogs.wsj.com, October 1, 2012
…The network and the Zoological Park Organization, a government agency overseeing Chiang Mai Zoo, had collaborated on the show. True agreed to shoulder the broadcasting costs for the first two years, and the zoo organization bore the third year. The costs of broadcasting were around THB10 million per year.
The organization decided not to extend the contract, resulting in Monday’s termination. Ratings for the Panda Channel are not available, but executives appear to have perceived that the pandas’ popularity had fallen, said Prasertsak Buntragulpoontawee, chief of the organization’s panda research department…
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey