Thailand political icon Yingluck Shinawatra has Kentucky State University roots – state-journal.com, July 12, 2017
…What’s more, Thaksin and his wife also earned master’s degrees from a Kentucky graduate program — Eastern Kentucky’s criminal justice program in 1975 — and current Thai Immigration Bureau chief Nathathorn Prousoontorn received an MPA at KSU like Yingluck. Neither Lake nor officials at the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education could recall a formal deal across all Kentucky schools that led to the influx of Thai students.
Tulsathit Taptim, editor of The Nation, one of Thailand’s capital city newspapers, wasn’t aware of a specific deal either but was not surprised by the consistency of their attendance.
“It’s normal for Thais of Thaksin’s generation to stick to overseas institutions their families felt comfortable with,” Taptim said. “So it was common for people from the same clans would choose similar overseas institutions…”
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash