Thailand plans high-speed railway – Bernama, December 8, 2012
Thailand is planning to run Chinese-made high-speed railway systems designed to have time-saving, inexpensive trains for long-distance commuters shuttling between Bangkok and the northern city of Chiang Mai and between the capital and northeastern province of Nong Khai.
Thai Transport Minister Chatchat Sitthipan said the Thai government has decided to go ahead with the multi-billion dollar railway projects under which the so-called Hexie Hao or China Railway Highspeed train system will be used, Xinhua news agency reported.
Construction of the initial stage of the railway project for the Bangkok-Chiang Mai route is scheduled to begin by the middle or second half of next year. The railway project for both routes will be completed by 2015…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- The rich man is not full yet
- Move to the Jurassic era
- Weekly News Magazine: Getting Ready for the Political Future, April, 2018
- Political vacuum cleaners
- Fertilizing the junta party with crap of the past
- Old allies, new allies
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die