Thailand pet-owners on high alert for dog-nappers – BBC, March 16, 2012
…But stopping what Capt Teerakiet calls a “billion-baht industry” is close to impossible under existing Thai law. It is illegal to steal domestic pets but not to round up stray dogs and pack them into cages. Animal cruelty is not banned, so a law is only actually broken when an attempt is made to smuggle the dogs out of Thailand.
“On the scale of one to 10, I would say it’s a minus-one as far as the government’s concern for animal welfare goes,” said Roger Lohanen from the Thai Animal Guardians Association…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash