Bahrain and Belarus named ‘enemies of the internet’ – BBC, March 13, 2012
…The body says 2011 was the “deadliest year” yet for so-called “netizens”.
It says at least 199 arrests of internet campaigners were recorded over the year – a 31% increase on 2010.
It adds that China, followed by Vietnam and Iran currently hold the largest number of netizens in jail…
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics
- The Hopewell Project
- ‘White Mask’ Guards Seen Trying To Hit Red Shirts With Iron Bars
- Thaksin Wants to Know Who Burned Central World
- Traffic Jams in Laos
- Thailand’s boom: To the northeast, the spoils
- Ladyboys versus All Blacks: is this the world’s weirdest sport?
- Thai govt finally revealing huge losses incurred by rice pledging scheme-why not reveal who received the payments?
- A Thai family’s desperate search for their missing daughter
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Nana Intersection in the Past