Thailand, Myanmar back ambitious port project – AFP, July 23, 2012
…The Dawei development on Myanmar’s southern Andaman coast is a key part of the impoverished country’s plans to transform its economy, giving neighbours such as Thailand an outlet to the Indian Ocean and markets to the West.
But the project — led by Thai industrial giant Ital-Thai — has faced resistance from local villagers and there have been signs of funding troubles…
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Sudarat
- We need conscription
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?