Thailand Looks to Restart Southern Peace Talks, Despite Little Progress – VOA, October 30, 2013
…“Things have clearly changed and the obvious factor is the talks. There’s a lot of skepticism about the talks and some of it is justified. Some of it is misguided – some of the criticism is political in nature based on the fact that Thaksin was instrumental in getting cooperation from [Malaysian] Prime Minister Najib in getting the process started. Thai officials are determined to keep the process alive,” said Wheeler.
The near daily attacks in Thailand’s south rarely garner international headlines. On Tuesday, three senior members of a Thai police ordnance team were killed when a hidden bomb detonated while they were examining another explosive device…
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?
- Chase the government!