Thailand – Land of smiles or tourist trap? – Reuters, July 22, 2012
…Their deaths are the latest in a tumult of violence and intrigue to shake tourism in postcard-perfect Thailand, raising questions over whether it is squandering a prized asset by failing to protect travelers arriving in record numbers.
Other headlines are less dramatic but equally troubling: taxi driver mafias, transvestite thieves, pollution, tourist brawls, traffic accidents, and at airports, radar glitches, flight delays and long immigration queues.
“The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) think numbers are going up so people must like it here, but the problem is the quality of their visit has gone down…”
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- The Bangkok bombs
- Spreading the Photo
- Goodbye to Cartoonist Chai
- Weekly News Magazines: Chor Under Fire, June, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: No Return for Joke, June-July, 2019
- A Real Communist?
- Internal Conflicts
- Article 44 Lives
- Mocking Yingluck
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt Stability, July, 2019