Campaign ends in disappointment – Thais win no gold for first time in 16 years – Bangkok Post, August 13, 2012
…It was the first time that Thailand failed to win a gold medal since boxer Somluck Kamsing became Thailand’s first-ever Olympic champion at the 1996 Atlanta Games.
“That’s sports–you win or lose. But our athletes did their best,” said Sakol Wannapong, deputy governor of the Sports Authority of Thailand who had predicted that his country would not win gold in London…
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished