Campaign ends in disappointment – Thais win no gold for first time in 16 years – Bangkok Post, August 13, 2012
…It was the first time that Thailand failed to win a gold medal since boxer Somluck Kamsing became Thailand’s first-ever Olympic champion at the 1996 Atlanta Games.
“That’s sports–you win or lose. But our athletes did their best,” said Sakol Wannapong, deputy governor of the Sports Authority of Thailand who had predicted that his country would not win gold in London…
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- One thing is actually another
- Stop the clock
- Only one thing can save her
- Editorial Cartoons: Yingluck Flees