Campaign ends in disappointment – Thais win no gold for first time in 16 years – Bangkok Post, August 13, 2012
…It was the first time that Thailand failed to win a gold medal since boxer Somluck Kamsing became Thailand’s first-ever Olympic champion at the 1996 Atlanta Games.
“That’s sports–you win or lose. But our athletes did their best,” said Sakol Wannapong, deputy governor of the Sports Authority of Thailand who had predicted that his country would not win gold in London…
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- The military party deserves a head start
- Wrong purse
- Final blow
- Thaksin shifts puppets