Campaign ends in disappointment – Thais win no gold for first time in 16 years – Bangkok Post, August 13, 2012
…It was the first time that Thailand failed to win a gold medal since boxer Somluck Kamsing became Thailand’s first-ever Olympic champion at the 1996 Atlanta Games.
“That’s sports–you win or lose. But our athletes did their best,” said Sakol Wannapong, deputy governor of the Sports Authority of Thailand who had predicted that his country would not win gold in London…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Remembering the Red Shirt Protests of 2010
- AP: Bangkok Post editor ousted for criticizing Thailand’s military government
- Democrats shut out