Thailand holds peace talks with Muslim insurgents – Reuters, August 16, 2012
…The government has ruled out peace talks in the past, most recently in April, but Yutthasak Sasiprapa, a deputy prime minister in charge of security in the south, confirmed there had been a change of heart.
“Right now we are holding peace talks with different insurgent groups but we are still not clear what they want,” he told reporters…
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Same cartoon idea from both pro- & anti-Thaksin cartoonists
- Siamese Priest, Pricipal Gate of Wat Cheng, 1899
- Milling Ghosts Entering Parliament
- More Thai editorial cartoons featuring President Obama
- Nine Years Ago Today: The Enforced Disappearance of Somchai
- Thai Ratings Raised by Fitch on Yingluck Stability
- Thaksin’s “Electric Pole” Candidate Laid to Rest
- The execution of the Mekong River pirate: What really happened between Chinese & Thai authorities?
- The violent farang mafia that run Thailand’s flourishing boiler room scams and sex industry
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully