Thailand government bans MMA – fightersonlymag.com, March 29, 2012
[Thanks to Tom for pointing this out.]
“… there are those in the fledgling Thai MMA industry who think that the government may have been pressured or swayed by the Muay Thai industry. Muay Thai is huge business in Thailand. It fills arenas all over the country, generates a lot of tourist traffic, airs on television a lot and provides employment for a large swathe of young men who would be otherwise unengaged.”
- Why not throw the 112 professional hitmen in prison?
- The Bangkok Land Skytrain
- A tale of two newspapers: Gangs controlling motorcycle taxis
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- 21 Years Ago: Scrapping the Bangkok Land Skytrain
- Let’s Make Bangkok’s Central Park!
- Red Protests – May 21, 2010
- Two years Ago: Thailand’s Professional Hitmen and Why They Can’t Be Put in Jail
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- 21 Years Ago: Black May
- Thai General Elections – December 23, 2007