Thailand 'gets tough' with Hmong - BBC News, May 22, 2009
...On a recent trip to Washington DC, the famously loose-tongued Mr Kasit said one Hmong group would be allowed to go to the US - only to back-track after the Lao government protested.
When asked why no international screening or monitoring of the Hmong was being allowed by Thailand, Mr Kasit would only say that such screening was unnecessary, and that he was prepared to trust the assurances of the Lao government.
Medecins Sans Frontieres, the UNHCR and many other agencies strongly disagree...
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Beating Opponents
- The Bangkok bombs
- Napoleon pig… is in every era
- Fighting for seats
- Spreading the Photo
- Principles distinguish a human from a cockroach
- Goodbye to Cartoonist Chai
- Weekly News Magazines: Chor Under Fire, June, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: No Return for Joke, June-July, 2019
- A Real Communist?