Thailand equips Laem Chabang Port with modern nuclear detection system – mainichi.jp, December 17, 2011
…The $1 million “Spectroscopic Portal Monitor” was given to Thailand as part of the U.S. Megaports Initiative to enhance scanning of cargo and containers to guard against nuclear and other radioactive materials entering Thailand or being shipped overseas, a senior U.S. diplomat based in Bangkok said in a handover ceremony.
…So far, fewer than 10 illicit shipments of radioactive materials have been detected since 2009 and no major nuclear threat has been found, Paisal Chuenjit, director of the Laem Chabang Port Customs Bureau, said…
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Beating Opponents
- The Bangkok bombs
- Napoleon pig… is in every era
- Fighting for seats
- Spreading the Photo
- Principles distinguish a human from a cockroach
- Goodbye to Cartoonist Chai
- Weekly News Magazines: Chor Under Fire, June, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: No Return for Joke, June-July, 2019
- A Real Communist?