Thailand equips Laem Chabang Port with modern nuclear detection system – mainichi.jp, December 17, 2011
…The $1 million “Spectroscopic Portal Monitor” was given to Thailand as part of the U.S. Megaports Initiative to enhance scanning of cargo and containers to guard against nuclear and other radioactive materials entering Thailand or being shipped overseas, a senior U.S. diplomat based in Bangkok said in a handover ceremony.
…So far, fewer than 10 illicit shipments of radioactive materials have been detected since 2009 and no major nuclear threat has been found, Paisal Chuenjit, director of the Laem Chabang Port Customs Bureau, said…
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- News from the 1890s
- Snake with two heads
- Weekly News Magazines: Drawing the Lines for Elections, November, 2018
- No need for revolutionaries
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt minister and the pro-junta party, November, 2018
- Silly uncle is moving the mountain
- Who is left to run with Sudarat?
- Your behavior is worse than interference
- From Red Shirts to Green Shirts
- Now he faces the heavyweight