THAILAND: Are secret trials compatible with Liberties and Rights? – www.humanrights.asia, July 29, 2011
…While I am relieved that the Court has affirmed the importance of defendants being present during a trial, this is a deeply concerning ruling. It is worth asking what it means when the public is excluded from observing a trial – in a democracy, or a state which claims to be one, is the public not a relevant and involved party to a court case?
- Disappearing article on lese majeste
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Gen. Prayuth could dismiss PM Prayuth?
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Thai girls
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006
- Thaksin’s public beatings
- Thaksin’s Temple: Dhammakaya
- Gem shop locations involved in the scam
- One of the world’s “most lethal terrorists” captured north of Bangkok
- Thaksin – The Business of Politics in Thailand