THAILAND: Are secret trials compatible with Liberties and Rights? – www.humanrights.asia, July 29, 2011
…While I am relieved that the Court has affirmed the importance of defendants being present during a trial, this is a deeply concerning ruling. It is worth asking what it means when the public is excluded from observing a trial – in a democracy, or a state which claims to be one, is the public not a relevant and involved party to a court case?
- Why not throw the 112 professional hitmen in prison?
- The Bangkok Land Skytrain
- Red Protests – May 25-26, 2010
- A tale of two newspapers: Gangs controlling motorcycle taxis
- Two years Ago: Thailand’s Professional Hitmen and Why They Can’t Be Put in Jail
- Chalerm vows Thaksin will be home this year – Behead me if he isn’t, deputy PM tells reds
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Three Years Ago: Snipers on the Skytrain Tracks
- 21 Years Ago: Scrapping the Bangkok Land Skytrain
- Nike Factories In Thailand
- The Hopewell Project