Thai Zoo Prepares to Release Rare Birds into Wild – NTD, April 21, 2012
A Thai zoo on Thursday (April 19) transported eight Eastern Sarus Cranes into pens in a non-hunting zone in Buriram province, a step before they are fully released into the wild.
The relocation aims to restore the population of the species, which disappeared for nearly 50 years from the wild in Thailand, due to agricultural degradation and hunting…
- 25 Years Ago: Black May
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 6 Years Ago: Thaksin to return by year’s end to resume the war on drugs
- 16 years ago: Thaksin’s strange start as prime minister – Finding a gold hoard
- From 2009: The collapse of the first Red Shirt siege of Bangkok
- Thai Editorial Cartoons on the Stolen Plaque
- The Secret Submarine: News Magazines, April-May, 2017
- What do these bombs mean?
- Locking the Media: Weekly News Magazines, May, 2017
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings