Transgenders still ostracised by Thai society? – The New Paper, November 13, 2012
…The jeering and scornful stares that greet the couple whenever they are spotted holding hands or hugging in public, suggests that some are less tolerant of transgenders, even in a generally tolerant city like Bangkok.
It’s hard to hide their sexuality, even when Ms Rotjutakul walks with a forced swagger.
Says Mr Suafug: “Initially, we faced difficulty as people had never seen a tomboy and ladyboy together…
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military