Transgenders still ostracised by Thai society? – The New Paper, November 13, 2012
…The jeering and scornful stares that greet the couple whenever they are spotted holding hands or hugging in public, suggests that some are less tolerant of transgenders, even in a generally tolerant city like Bangkok.
It’s hard to hide their sexuality, even when Ms Rotjutakul walks with a forced swagger.
Says Mr Suafug: “Initially, we faced difficulty as people had never seen a tomboy and ladyboy together…
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey