Transgenders still ostracised by Thai society? – The New Paper, November 13, 2012
…The jeering and scornful stares that greet the couple whenever they are spotted holding hands or hugging in public, suggests that some are less tolerant of transgenders, even in a generally tolerant city like Bangkok.
It’s hard to hide their sexuality, even when Ms Rotjutakul walks with a forced swagger.
Says Mr Suafug: “Initially, we faced difficulty as people had never seen a tomboy and ladyboy together…
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Mark sinking
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example
- It’s the people’s fault for voting