Thai Stick: Surfers, Scammers, and the Untold Story of the Marijuana Trade – independent.com, November 5, 2013
…Thai Stick is replete with excellent adventures: of eluding gangsters, moving “loads” off Pattaya Beach at night; surviving 40-foot storm waves in the Gulf of Alaska; or landing Zodiacs through massive Northern California surf while the Coast Guard gives chase. It also asks serious questions. While the DEA eventually squashed the Thai trade to the U.S., what did this “victory,” one of the few the War on Drugs might boast, achieve?
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out