- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Dhammakaya leaving Thailand?
- Bangkok’s Pig
- It’s everywhere
- Prayuth and his elders
- No interest in no interest
Thai Santa Claus
From Manager, December 17, 2010
Abhisit is saying: Sorry Santa Jin, there is only one Santa Claus as the receivers will be impressed.
The words on the bag read: The money for the local administrative organization The caption reads: Santa War
[The tied up man is "Poo jin" or Chawarat Chanveerakul, Interior Minister. With elections coming up, political parties in the coalition are battling to be seen as those dolling out money and other benefits at the grassroots level to curry favor with voters. Here Abhisit of the Democrats outwits the Bhumjaithai Party by stymieing Interior Ministry cash handouts to local administrative organizations.]