- 4 Years Ago: One of the wealthiest families in Thailand has convinced the poor that it understands their problems and will fight for their rights
- 13 Years Ago: Remembering the grounds of the Siam Intercontinental Hotel
- 12 Years Ago: Chuwit and the Massage Parlour Scandal
- 76 Years Ago: ‘Strategic Siam changes its name to Thai’
- 12 Years Ago: Idea for a Bangkok Central Park
- 12 Years Ago: Revolution in Laos?
- 11 Years Ago: Thailand’s New Strongman
- 11 Years Ago: List of activists killed during the Thaksin era
- 7 Years Ago: “Thailand United Southern Underground” ceasefire
- 10 Years Ago: Discontent in Thaksin’s Thailand
- 10 Years Ago: Losing the right to criticize a company owned by Thaksin
Thai Santa Claus
From Manager, December 17, 2010
Abhisit is saying: Sorry Santa Jin, there is only one Santa Claus as the receivers will be impressed.
The words on the bag read: The money for the local administrative organization The caption reads: Santa War
[The tied up man is "Poo jin" or Chawarat Chanveerakul, Interior Minister. With elections coming up, political parties in the coalition are battling to be seen as those dolling out money and other benefits at the grassroots level to curry favor with voters. Here Abhisit of the Democrats outwits the Bhumjaithai Party by stymieing Interior Ministry cash handouts to local administrative organizations.]