Thai rice buying slows as govt runs out of storage space – Reuters, October 16, 2012
…Farmers in several provinces complained they were unable to sell paddy to the government as millers were refusing to take it. Millers generally take the rice from the farmers, giving them a certificate for money they can claim at a state bank.
“Millers and warehouse owners who have joined the government intervention programme are now refusing to take paddy from farmers as they say they don’t have enough space to store it,” Prasit Boonchuey, head of the Thai Farmers Association, told Reuters…
- The last time a coup leader became PM after a return to democracy
- We really care about Thaksin
- Several parties, same owner
- Election posters: End the economic crisis
- Election poster pollution
- Election posters: Pheu Thai’s heart is people
- Why do Thai people always smile?
- Election posters: Take action, be clear
- More jokes about Yingluck
- Election posters: Stopping, Cleansing, Destroying
- Election posters: Choose a professional executive