Thai rice buying slows as govt runs out of storage space – Reuters, October 16, 2012
…Farmers in several provinces complained they were unable to sell paddy to the government as millers were refusing to take it. Millers generally take the rice from the farmers, giving them a certificate for money they can claim at a state bank.
“Millers and warehouse owners who have joined the government intervention programme are now refusing to take paddy from farmers as they say they don’t have enough space to store it,” Prasit Boonchuey, head of the Thai Farmers Association, told Reuters…
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- News from the 1890s
- Snake with two heads
- Weekly News Magazines: Drawing the Lines for Elections, November, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt minister and the pro-junta party, November, 2018
- Silly uncle is moving the mountain
- Who is left to run with Sudarat?
- From Red Shirts to Green Shirts
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots
- Now he faces the heavyweight
- Thaksin’s new political party