Thai Protest Fizzles Amid Heavy Rains – WSJ, November 24, 2012
An antigovernment rally in Bangkok fizzled amid torrential tropical downpours Saturday, but the stench of tear gas wafting through the streets of the Thai capital was a jarring reminder of how Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is struggling to escape from the shadow of one of Asia’s most divisive politicians: Her older brother and former leader Thaksin Shinawatra…
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- No fraud!
- Fake monks harass New York City tourists
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Dhammakaya leaving Thailand?
- Another stain on the police
- Bangkok’s Pig