Thai Protest Fizzles Amid Heavy Rains – WSJ, November 24, 2012
An antigovernment rally in Bangkok fizzled amid torrential tropical downpours Saturday, but the stench of tear gas wafting through the streets of the Thai capital was a jarring reminder of how Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is struggling to escape from the shadow of one of Asia’s most divisive politicians: Her older brother and former leader Thaksin Shinawatra…
- The Hopewell Project
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics
- Thaksin Wants to Know Who Burned Central World
- ‘White Mask’ Guards Seen Trying To Hit Red Shirts With Iron Bars
- A Thai family’s desperate search for their missing daughter
- Thailand’s boom: To the northeast, the spoils
- Ladyboys versus All Blacks: is this the world’s weirdest sport?
- Traffic Jams in Laos
- Thai govt finally revealing huge losses incurred by rice pledging scheme-why not reveal who received the payments?
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos