Thai Protest Fizzles Amid Heavy Rains – WSJ, November 24, 2012
An antigovernment rally in Bangkok fizzled amid torrential tropical downpours Saturday, but the stench of tear gas wafting through the streets of the Thai capital was a jarring reminder of how Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is struggling to escape from the shadow of one of Asia’s most divisive politicians: Her older brother and former leader Thaksin Shinawatra…
- 12 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing anger and boldness
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- 13 Years Ago: Debating the Sukhothai Stone
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- 12 years ago: Going after Akeyuth
- 13 years ago: Mad scramble as Thai police fight for 10 million dollar reward for capturing top al-Qaeda figure
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Prayuth and his elders
- Which charter do the people really want?