Thai potters work to keep ancient tradition alive – Reuters, March 21, 2012
…Their village of Nong Sanoe, part of Nakhon Ratchasima and some 260 km (155 miles) northeast of the Thai capital of Bangkok, is centre to a thriving pottery industry that maintains the traditions of centuries — and the beneficiary of a program established by ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.
The One Tambon One Product (OTOP) scheme, which began in 2001, promotes local handicrafts at grassroots level and co-operates with villagers to help promote and sell their goods at national and international levels.
It has proved a boon for Nong Sanoe, a village in the rice-growing province of Nakhon Ratchasima.
Five years ago there were only a handful of shops in Nong Sanoe village. Today, over two hundred families in the village make their living from clay, many of them people who worked as farm laborers or factory workers before starting their own businesses…
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006
- Gem shop locations involved in the scam
- Bangkok Mass Transit of the Future 2005
- Bart Simpson and the Kader fire
- High tension in Thailand: August, 2006 news
- Takeover of Matichon and the Bangkok Post
- Nike Factories In Thailand
- Bangkok Trams (1894-1968) Main Page
- Lucky number license plates for sale