Family Business – Bangkok Post, July 31, 2011
…Need to borrow some quick cash? Done. Want your newly graduated son hired by a certain company? Done. Want daughter to attend a particular school? Done. Need pesky bookie to back off a little? Done. Parties and festivals to keep the ”serfs” happy? Done. Fat envelopes for weddings and funerals? Done and done. And the latest trend – populist polices? Done.
So when election time comes, the hua-kanaan, or canvasser–the ears, eyes and bulging biceps of the lords and barons, many also heads of the district administrative offices–will make sure that the X is marked in the right box. What happens if a district votes against its patron? The many political assassinations, failed and successful, before and after the July 3 general election, are examples of the extreme repercussions….
- More jokes about Yingluck
- Sudarat is finished
- National strategy locked up for 20 years
- Weekly News Magazines: End Game, March, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: Mouse Over Lion, March-April, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: What Happened to Joke, April, 2019
- Election Commission Dye Service
- Weekly News Magazines: Restrict Abolish Eliminate Thanathorn, April, 2019
- Thanathorn’s foreign parents
- Instruct for hatred
- Feeling pity for Hulk and Wonder Woman