Invasion of the job snatchers – Bangkok Post, May 26, 2013
…While local tour guides and operators are crying foul over their jobs being stolen, the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) which is cracking down on the illegal foreign workers says many of the financial wounds are self-inflicted because of foreigners’ fears of being cheated.
“It is true that the problem affects local business operators, however they have to ask themselves if they are partly the cause of the problem,” said Pol Col Yanapol Yungyuen, deputy director-general of the DSI…
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?