Major police restructuring proposed – Bangkok Post, December 2, 2014
…Mr Wanchai said the committee agreed at a meeting today that the Royal Thai Police Office (RTPO) should be totally reorganised.
Under the proposal, the Office of the Police Commission, which is responsible for transfers and appointments, would be abolished.
It would be replaced by a Police Affairs Council whose members would comprise heads of security-related government offices, heads of units in the justice process, representatives of the National Human Rights Commission and other resourceful people selected by MPs and senators…
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out