Scare tactic successful, says crime suppression chief – The Nation, August 10, 2013
…He said the netizens’ campaign was not illegal in itself and the four people summoned for posting or distributing statements about a possible coup and calling on people to hoard food and supplies ahead of political rallies against the government of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra had not yet been treated as suspects.
“We are seeking to resort to a psychological impact in terms of crime prevention, and not wanting them to go to jail,” he said…
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Mark sinking
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example
- It’s the people’s fault for voting