Thai Pesach cancelled over terror fears – jewishnews.net.au, March 6, 2012
The 10-day Pesach retreat at the luxury JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort and Spa in Thailand has been cancelled over security concerns, according to organiser Lisa Mochkin.
The recently opened five-star resort, situated an hour’s drive north of Phuket airport, was to have been the setting for an international retreat catering to families from Australia, America, Israel and Europe.
“The hotel was concerned that having a large Jewish group there at Pesach would make them a target for a terror attack,” said Mochkin…
- Knives out for Sudarat
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Thanks for the hug, Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- We need conscription
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?