Thai military resists political pressure – atimes.com, October 13, 2012
[Thanks to Tom for pointing this out.]
…The Angel Descendent group clearly hoped that Peua Thai’s electoral victory in 2011 would translate into more promotions and key assignments for its members. While this has not transpired, Prayuth’s balanced handling of key promotions and assignments at this year’s reshuffle likely helped to defuse tensions. It has also reportedly earned him a new measure of respect from the Angel Descendants, despite Prayuth’s personal background as an Eastern Tiger. This will have left little opening for Thaksin and Peua Thai politicians to exploit the rivalry and play divide-and-rule politics inside the armed forces….
- Trampling on those who died for the cause
- Making Yellow and Red love each other
- 2005: PM Thaksin, family praised as ‘Family Day’ role models
- The prime minister wants coal-fired power plants!
- Informing the U.N. on the junta
- It’s not about Dhammakaya, it’s about Article 44
- Using absolute power to fight corruption
- Dhammakaya requires money to get into heaven
- Inspiration for the foot soldiers
- Stepping on the Eastern Tiger’s tail
- Dhammayoyo consecrated a lot of Buddha amulets