Thai military draft a lottery many hope to lose – AFP, April 15, 2011
…At the school in Bangkok, the crowd cheered as Anond pulled out the last red card, his face turning pale as officers led him away to sign up for military service.
He admitted he did not want to be a soldier, but tried to look on the bright side.
“Now I’m chosen, I’ll get a salary and I won’t be any trouble to my parents,” he said. “If others can do it then I can do it too!”
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey