Government dubbed ‘Brother First’ in annual reporters’ awards – Bangkok Post, December 26, 2012
…It is a tradition of Government House reporters at the end of each year give the government, the prime minister and some cabinet ministers an invented name to describe their character traits and flaws.
The reporters decided on “Poo Kanchiang (ปูกรรเชียง)” for the prime minister. Poo is Ms Yingluck’s nickname. Kanchiang is a Thai word which describes Ms Yingluck’s propensity to sidestep questions and fail to clearly explain important issues as the rice-pledging scheme and the 350-billion-baht water management project.
Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung was labelled “lron Goalkeeper (นายทวารเหล็กไหล)” for his manipulation and diversion of reporters’ questions. His style and tactics have remained the same throughout his political career – creating diversions by revealing other information to the divert attention away from questions asked by the media…
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out