Thai man acquitted of insulting king on Facebook – AP, October 31, 2012
…Surapak Puchaisaeng has been in jail since September 2011, when he was arrested after being accused of setting up a Facebook account that had defamatory comments about the monarch.
The court ruled Wednesday that there were flaws in the prosecutors’ evidence and gave the benefit of the doubt to Surapak…
- 4 Years Ago: One of the wealthiest families in Thailand has convinced the poor that it understands their problems and will fight for their rights
- 13 Years Ago: Remembering the grounds of the Siam Intercontinental Hotel
- 12 Years Ago: Chuwit and the Massage Parlour Scandal
- 76 Years Ago: ‘Strategic Siam changes its name to Thai’
- 8 Years Ago: “Black herbal toothpaste”
- 12 Years Ago: Revolution in Laos?
- 11 Years Ago: Thailand’s New Strongman
- 11 Years Ago: List of activists killed during the Thaksin era
- 7 Years Ago: “Thailand United Southern Underground” ceasefire
- 9 Years Ago: Time Running Out For Thaksin
- 10 Years Ago: Losing the right to criticize a company owned by Thaksin