Thai leader accused of using Cambodia temple row for election gain – Guardian, July 2, 2011
…But analysts believe the row is driven by Sunday’s general election in Thailand. “In this very critical week for Thai politics, [the temple dispute] has appeared again as a political weapon,” said Dr Pavin Chachavalpongpun of the Institute of South-East Asian Studies in Singapore.
He said that while the government’s stance would not win over opponents, it had rallied nationalist sympathisers who had drifted away…
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Chavalit is very fit
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Withdraw from the deep south!
- Political parties in a coma
- Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Thai Prison
- Chinese cartoonist