Komchadluek, January 25, 2012
– Fireworks for the opening Chinese New Year event in Supanburi flew into a temple and burned. 3 died and many were injured.
– The police will apprehend by killing a drug gangsters who shot dead a market woman at Chatujak market during a raid. And they suspect the owner of a rental cars shop. [this is a police death warrant issued against a person accused of being a brutal killer]
– PM bars the Nitirat Groups from pushing the amendment of section 112 [the lese majeste law]. She confirmed that the government has the view that it don’t touch section 112.
– A spider that bit and killed a man might be a black widow spider.
Matichon, January 25, 2012
– Poo asked the Nitirat group to stop pushing the amendment of section 112. The Pheu Thai Party also declared that there are a large number of people being paid 500 baht to agitate against the government.
– 41 people were appointed as secretaries and advisers to the cabinet. [These are political positions rather than clerical positions.]
– The first phase of the ombudsman positions is finalized under Yingluck 2 [the second cabinet of PM Yingluck].
– PM threatens to take back the budget if revitalization and flood solving projects are not moving forward.
Daily News, January 25, 2012
– At least four people were killed and many injured in an explosion and fire caused by fireworks at a Chinese New Year celebration in Suphan Buri province.
– A court has ordered Samitivej Hospital to pay 18 million baht in compensation for malpractice which led to a death of woman and her unborn baby during labor.
– Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said that the monarchy should be protected and Article 112 will not be amended.
– Mr. A was shot dead during a raid on a house’s roof.
Thairath, Janary 25, 2012
– A man died mysteriously. His wife said that he was bitten to death by a spider.
– The penis of an elephant was sliced to make sashimi.
– The Pheu Thai Party abandoned the Nitirat group 112.
– There was firework explosion at a Chinese New Year celebration in Suphan Buri province.