Komchadluek, January 16, 2012
- A warehouse which is linked to Thailand terrorism was found around the Rama 2 area. The PM confirmed Thailand is safe now.
- 10,000 names on a list to amend the law section 112 [the lese majeste law].
- Newin’s wife achieved a decisive victory to be a Chief of Provincial Administrative Organization (PAO) in Burirum province and left Pheu Thai behind by 300,000 votes. [This was a defeat for the Pheu Thai Party that had worked hard to take over Newin's Buriram political stronghold.]
- Thai residents are sad and shocked about both gas and petrol price increasing. NGV price increased 9 baht per kilo, and the gasoline price was increased 1.07 baht.
Thairath, January 16, 2012
- C4 bomb production materials were found around the Mahachai area. The bombs was prepared to terrorize Bangkok. PM is confident that Thailand is safe now.
- Mr. Warawaj denied that Ms. Yaowapa or Je Dang interceded to terminate Mr. Worawaj from the Ministry of Education.
- HM the King recommended that humans can live with elephants. [referring to the recent scandal where officials were found to be hunting elephants]
- Motorbike gangsters was arrested on Viphavadee road. [this likely refers to packs of drag racing young people]
- Chai and Vicky will get married on 4 May for sure. [referring to a Thai actor and actress]
Daily New, January 16, 2012
- There was confirmation that a Hezbollah member targeted to attack Jews and Americans in Bangkok before the 12th of February, 2012. It is because of the assassination of a top Hezbollah figure in Syria in 2008.
- There are five MPs who flew to Dubai to visit Mr. Thaksin to beg him for a minister position [in the new cabinet].
- PM Yingluck to speed up for the allocation of the compensation package [for participants in the the political turmoil of 2005-2010].
- A photographer dreamed of a dead child, who was born prematurely, and it [the child in the dream] directed him to find the actual corpse.
Matichon, January 16, 2012
- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has urged the United States to revoke its terrorism warning immediately after the arrest of a suspected Hezbollah member linked to sabotage attempts in Bangkok.
- His Majesty advised the growing of pineapples to feed elephants.
- Northern people were happy with the [flood] rescue package of the 3.8 billion baht.
- PM Yingluck paid respect to three senior teachers [on Teachers' Day today].