Komchadluek, February 1, 2012
- General Yuthasak apologized to all the victims’ relatives. The army leader from area 4 is hurrying to rehabilitate [provide money to the survivors - This refers to the army shooting of innocent civilians in the deep south].
- To welcome first-year students, a senior kicked junior to death. [referring to hazing that is endemic at Thai educational institutions]
- Thammasart breaks into two parts, supporting and chasing away Nitirat. [referring to the academic group supporting the amendment of the lese majeste law]
- 3 guards at Surin prison were fired, because they were involved with the Kaobin prison drugs gangster.
Matichon, February 1, 2012
- Bachelor’s degree holder [who are in government employ] will have fifteen thousand baht [salary] which costs 7 billion in the budget. The payment will be post-dated to January.
- Mr. Chalerm has finished the reconciliation law and plans to propose to it to the parliament. [referring to another attempt at a pardon to include Thaksin]
- The natural phenomenon of La Nina terrifies with threat of a deluge again.
- Mr. Didsanun confirmed that nobody resigned from the Strategic Committee for Water Resources Management or SCWRM. [refers to ongoing finger-pointing at related to flood control measures]
Thairath, February 1, 2012
- The University of Thammasart roused people to against the Nitirat group.
- Civil servants are happy for fifteen thousand baht salary which the government has already approved.
- The welcome for a first year student was so fierce that he was kicked in the chest which caused his death.
- Big Aood admitted the four dead bodies were not southern terrorists. [referring to innocent people the military shot]
Daily News, February 1, 2012
- The Department of Corrections fired 3 prison guards for being connected with the drug gang at Khao Bin prison.
- Mr. Mal impeded the amendment of Article 112. [the lese majeste law]
- Mr. Chuwit apologized for wrongly revealing that the media took commission [a bribe] from casinos.
- The actress “Pingpong” admitted that she drove and hit which led to 2 deaths.