From Thairath, August 18, 2014
Cartoon title: Thai Land’s Ku Klux Klan hey…hey…!
On the KKK men’s hats, from left: NLA [National Legislative Assembly]; NFA [National Reform Assembly]; CDC [Constitution Drafting Committee]
Sign in hands of the CDC: Thailand’s reform, loathing politicians
Phi Nooring: Don’t do it with a discriminatory attitude
Mouse: Want democracy back.
[Pro-Thaksin and pro-Red Shirt cartoonists are slowing becoming more confident again in their criticisms. Here Sia points out the apparent anti-elected politician attitude that has become prominent in the new government.]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?