Focus on unrest irks Surapong – Bangkok Post, January 1, 2013
Lavishing too much attention on the violence in the deep South could provoke more bloodshed, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul says in a warning to the media.
The government is aware it needs to explain the problem but is also aware that drawing attention to it could encourage the insurgents, he said.
“I would not like the international community to pay more attention to this problem, but they should condemn those who attack innocent people,” he said…
- Constitution Day
- The King’s Birthday
- Eight Years Ago: Airport Seized
- 7 years ago: Thaksin to receive $425 per month as Hun Sen advisor
- New requirements for long stay visa
- The real reason people are poor
- The U.S. supports IS
- Thaksin still not dead
- Handouts to rural people end up helping who?
- Death by Facebook
- Thailand’s censorship