Focus on unrest irks Surapong – Bangkok Post, January 1, 2013
Lavishing too much attention on the violence in the deep South could provoke more bloodshed, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul says in a warning to the media.
The government is aware it needs to explain the problem but is also aware that drawing attention to it could encourage the insurgents, he said.
“I would not like the international community to pay more attention to this problem, but they should condemn those who attack innocent people,” he said…
- 24 Years Ago: Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 6 Years Ago: When the Red Shirts Accepted an Offer of New Elections & Announced an End to Their Rally
- Remembering the Thaksin Years: Cleaning Things Up
- Remembering Banharn
- Banharn’s passing in the Thai-language press
- Men who attacked family in Hua Hin “did not have the intention to harm” them
- Withdrawing the knife is easy
- Getting Jatuporn and Sombat
- Does Thaksin Employ Lobbyists?