Focus on unrest irks Surapong – Bangkok Post, January 1, 2013
Lavishing too much attention on the violence in the deep South could provoke more bloodshed, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul says in a warning to the media.
The government is aware it needs to explain the problem but is also aware that drawing attention to it could encourage the insurgents, he said.
“I would not like the international community to pay more attention to this problem, but they should condemn those who attack innocent people,” he said…
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Same cartoon idea from both pro- & anti-Thaksin cartoonists
- Milling Ghosts Entering Parliament
- Siamese Priest, Pricipal Gate of Wat Cheng, 1899
- 1932: “Siamese skyline”
- More Thai editorial cartoons featuring President Obama
- Thai Ratings Raised by Fitch on Yingluck Stability
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully
- For Thai rape victims, seeking justice is another assault
- The violent farang mafia that run Thailand’s flourishing boiler room scams and sex industry
- Nine Years Ago Today: The Enforced Disappearance of Somchai