Focus on unrest irks Surapong – Bangkok Post, January 1, 2013
Lavishing too much attention on the violence in the deep South could provoke more bloodshed, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul says in a warning to the media.
The government is aware it needs to explain the problem but is also aware that drawing attention to it could encourage the insurgents, he said.
“I would not like the international community to pay more attention to this problem, but they should condemn those who attack innocent people,” he said…
- A tale of two newspapers: Black May 13 years later
- Part V – Ian Neumegen
- Big Brother Shocks Thailand
- 21 Years Ago: Black May
- Eight Years Ago: Thaksin’s World – Coming full circle from Black May
- Nine Years Ago: Idea for a Bangkok Central Park
- Politics in the Age of Thaksin
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Let’s Make Bangkok’s Central Park!
- William L Monson vs Thaksin