In Thailand’s Muslim south, authorities turn a blind eye to female genital mutilation – The Guardian, April 1, 2015
…Sudarat says FGM isn’t on the health ministry’s agenda – though according to her, almost every Muslim baby girl in the south is cut.
“There are no laws about it because there are not many health consequences, and it’s a cultural practice,” she says.
Thai health authorities have taken a pragmatic approach, apparently turning a blind eye…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Heaven vs Hell
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work