Who really benefited from the rice scheme? – Bangkok Post, June 18, 2013
…Commerce Minister Boonsong Teriyapirom, who chaired the NRPC meeting on Monday, said the adjustment of the rice pledging price was intended to maintain fiscal discipline so that the rice scheme would not place too great a burden on the state’s coffers.
One might wonder why the minister had not felt a similar need for fiscal discipline several months ago, but instead had persistently shrugged off all criticism of the scheme and refused to come clean on almost everything about it — be it the amount of rice sold and still in stockpiles, the price of rice sold, the buyers, and the estimated losses so far…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Heaven vs Hell
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work