Thai Gov’t distances itself from Dawei project – Bangkok Post, November 9, 2012
The Dawei deep-sea port and industrial zone project took a new twist Thursday, as the Thai government insisted it cannot spend taxpayer money for private gains in Dawei.
“The government itself cannot invest directly in the Dawei project, as by practice the government cannot directly fund any business in the private sector,” said [Thai] PM’s Office Minister Niwatthamrong Bunsongphaisan, speaking in his capacity as the project’s coordination committee chairman…
- The last time a coup leader became PM after a return to democracy
- We really care about Thaksin
- Several parties, same owner
- Election poster pollution
- Election posters: Pheu Thai’s heart is people
- Why do Thai people always smile?
- Election posters: Take action, be clear
- More jokes about Yingluck
- Election posters: Stopping, Cleansing, Destroying
- Election posters: Choose a professional executive
- Weekly News Magazines: Dissolution fears, March, 2019