Thai Gov’t distances itself from Dawei project – Bangkok Post, November 9, 2012
The Dawei deep-sea port and industrial zone project took a new twist Thursday, as the Thai government insisted it cannot spend taxpayer money for private gains in Dawei.
“The government itself cannot invest directly in the Dawei project, as by practice the government cannot directly fund any business in the private sector,” said [Thai] PM’s Office Minister Niwatthamrong Bunsongphaisan, speaking in his capacity as the project’s coordination committee chairman…
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?
- Chase the government!
- Kissing in parliament