Thai Gov’t distances itself from Dawei project – Bangkok Post, November 9, 2012
The Dawei deep-sea port and industrial zone project took a new twist Thursday, as the Thai government insisted it cannot spend taxpayer money for private gains in Dawei.
“The government itself cannot invest directly in the Dawei project, as by practice the government cannot directly fund any business in the private sector,” said [Thai] PM’s Office Minister Niwatthamrong Bunsongphaisan, speaking in his capacity as the project’s coordination committee chairman…
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- News from the 1890s
- Snake with two heads
- Weekly News Magazines: Drawing the Lines for Elections, November, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt minister and the pro-junta party, November, 2018
- Silly uncle is moving the mountain
- Who is left to run with Sudarat?
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots
- From Red Shirts to Green Shirts
- Now he faces the heavyweight
- Thaksin’s new political party