Thai Gov’t distances itself from Dawei project – Bangkok Post, November 9, 2012
The Dawei deep-sea port and industrial zone project took a new twist Thursday, as the Thai government insisted it cannot spend taxpayer money for private gains in Dawei.
“The government itself cannot invest directly in the Dawei project, as by practice the government cannot directly fund any business in the private sector,” said [Thai] PM’s Office Minister Niwatthamrong Bunsongphaisan, speaking in his capacity as the project’s coordination committee chairman…
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- What happens to the people Thaksin appoints?
- One lotus is above the water
- Silpa Bhirasri, Father of modern art in Thailand
- Politicians need to poo
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Rutting Dogs/Rutting Politicians