Combating abuse of workers in Thailand – washingtonpost.com, September 26, 2012
The Sept. 22 news article “In Thai shrimp sheds, exploited labor” unfairly sensationalized the issue of migrant labor in Thailand. Improving the welfare of migrant workers and combating human trafficking are high on Thailand’s agenda…
[This sensitivity to critical reports on the country is a characteristic of Thaksin-directed governments. Unlike the normal insular politicians, Thaksin has a keen awareness of international opinion about Thailand and always makes sure negative reports are promptly countered.]
- Thailand’s censorship
- The temple as hostage
- Pride and money comes at the same time
- Chuwit is BACK!
- Everyone wants to use Section 44!
- University hostages
- Fees for the police
- Hack my house
- Donald Trump: America’s Berlusconi (or Thaksin, or Hariri, or…)
- What’s really behind Thailand’s hostility to Chinese tourists?
- Weekly News Magazines, January 13-27, 2017