Combating abuse of workers in Thailand – washingtonpost.com, September 26, 2012
The Sept. 22 news article “In Thai shrimp sheds, exploited labor” unfairly sensationalized the issue of migrant labor in Thailand. Improving the welfare of migrant workers and combating human trafficking are high on Thailand’s agenda…
[This sensitivity to critical reports on the country is a characteristic of Thaksin-directed governments. Unlike the normal insular politicians, Thaksin has a keen awareness of international opinion about Thailand and always makes sure negative reports are promptly countered.]
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- Abhisit for leader!
- More on police buying their promtions