Combating abuse of workers in Thailand – washingtonpost.com, September 26, 2012
The Sept. 22 news article “In Thai shrimp sheds, exploited labor” unfairly sensationalized the issue of migrant labor in Thailand. Improving the welfare of migrant workers and combating human trafficking are high on Thailand’s agenda…
[This sensitivity to critical reports on the country is a characteristic of Thaksin-directed governments. Unlike the normal insular politicians, Thaksin has a keen awareness of international opinion about Thailand and always makes sure negative reports are promptly countered.]
- A country that’s against pornography vs a country that produces porn
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Thailand international net traffic slowed
- How eccentric were the generals who conducted the 1988 coup in Burma?
- Gem shop locations involved in the scam
- The strange case of the Gen. Prayut/Prayuth’s name change
- Nike Factories In Thailand
- Thailand’s “Iron Lady” pressured to leave key post after exposing government corruption
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006
- Bangkok Mass Transit of the Future 2005
- Is Gen. Prayuth really growing “eccentric” or “superstitious” as Time Magazine claims?