Combating abuse of workers in Thailand – washingtonpost.com, September 26, 2012
The Sept. 22 news article “In Thai shrimp sheds, exploited labor” unfairly sensationalized the issue of migrant labor in Thailand. Improving the welfare of migrant workers and combating human trafficking are high on Thailand’s agenda…
[This sensitivity to critical reports on the country is a characteristic of Thaksin-directed governments. Unlike the normal insular politicians, Thaksin has a keen awareness of international opinion about Thailand and always makes sure negative reports are promptly countered.]
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Dhammakaya leaving Thailand?
- Another stain on the police
- Bangkok’s Pig
- It’s everywhere
- Prayuth and his elders