Combating abuse of workers in Thailand – washingtonpost.com, September 26, 2012
The Sept. 22 news article “In Thai shrimp sheds, exploited labor” unfairly sensationalized the issue of migrant labor in Thailand. Improving the welfare of migrant workers and combating human trafficking are high on Thailand’s agenda…
[This sensitivity to critical reports on the country is a characteristic of Thaksin-directed governments. Unlike the normal insular politicians, Thaksin has a keen awareness of international opinion about Thailand and always makes sure negative reports are promptly countered.]
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Remembering the Thaksin Years: Cleaning Things Up
- Conflict with the Lanna Kingdom
- Security start-up backed by Thaksin seeks $1bn valuation
- New form of American warmaking
- Viagra for Thai Airways
- Who is the catfish?
- No fraud!
- Weekly News Magazines, June 3-10, 2016
- Fake monks harass New York City tourists