Thai former prime minister set to regain passport from sister’s government – Telegraph, December 2, 2011
Foreign minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said the new travel document for Mr Thaksin, who spends most of his time in Dubai avoiding a two year jail term for corruption, could be a “New Year’s present”.
The opposition Democrat party, implacable foes of Mr Thaksin, said it was unsurprised by the move and dismissed the foreign minister as an inexperienced non-entity whose appointment was aimed solely at facilitating the ousted prime minister’s return…
- The Hopewell Project
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics
- ‘White Mask’ Guards Seen Trying To Hit Red Shirts With Iron Bars
- Thaksin Wants to Know Who Burned Central World
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Thailand’s government acknowledges $4.4B loss from controversial rice price support scheme
- Secret footage reveals brutal conditions of Rohingyas in Thai refugee center
- Ladyboys versus All Blacks: is this the world’s weirdest sport?
- Thailand’s boom: To the northeast, the spoils
- A Thai family’s desperate search for their missing daughter
- If you want it back… then take it