Thai Foes Unite on Leaving Monarchy Law Alone: Southeast Asia – Bloomberg, June 21, 2012
…“Rational public debate is playing second fiddle to various political imperatives — these include constantly changing attempts to appease hardline royalists,” said Michael Connors, a Thai studies scholar at La Trobe University in Melbourne. The strongest bargaining point for Pheu Thai leaders may be their ability to “largely shut down anti-monarchy discourse or at least alienate it,” he said…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- What do these bombs mean?
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting