Thai Foes Unite on Leaving Monarchy Law Alone: Southeast Asia – Bloomberg, June 21, 2012
…“Rational public debate is playing second fiddle to various political imperatives — these include constantly changing attempts to appease hardline royalists,” said Michael Connors, a Thai studies scholar at La Trobe University in Melbourne. The strongest bargaining point for Pheu Thai leaders may be their ability to “largely shut down anti-monarchy discourse or at least alienate it,” he said…
- The real reason people are poor
- Thailand’s censorship
- The temple as hostage
- Pride and money comes at the same time
- Chuwit is BACK!
- Everyone wants to use Section 44!
- University hostages
- Fees for the police
- Hack my house
- Donald Trump: America’s Berlusconi (or Thaksin, or Hariri, or…)
- What’s really behind Thailand’s hostility to Chinese tourists?