Thai Film Archive celebrates trains and Ratana Pestonji – thaifilmjournal.blogspot.com, August 5, 2011
…Dome notes that lots of hard-core movie fans and film archivists are also railfans. There must be something about the clicky-clack sound of films running through projectors and trains on the track. For Thailand, there’s a stronger, historical connection. One of the key developers of the film industry in Thailand was the Topical Film Service of the Royal State Railways of Siam, formed in 1922 to shoot newsreels and documentaries as well as commercial features. The Topical Film Service had a hand in the now-lost Hollywood silent film Miss Suwanna of Siam…
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- They are going to get Prawit
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- The military party deserves a head start
- Red buffaloes got smarter