Thai Film Archive celebrates trains and Ratana Pestonji – thaifilmjournal.blogspot.com, August 5, 2011
…Dome notes that lots of hard-core movie fans and film archivists are also railfans. There must be something about the clicky-clack sound of films running through projectors and trains on the track. For Thailand, there’s a stronger, historical connection. One of the key developers of the film industry in Thailand was the Topical Film Service of the Royal State Railways of Siam, formed in 1922 to shoot newsreels and documentaries as well as commercial features. The Topical Film Service had a hand in the now-lost Hollywood silent film Miss Suwanna of Siam…
- The Bangkok Land Skytrain
- A tale of two newspapers: Gangs controlling motorcycle taxis
- Why not throw the 112 professional hitmen in prison?
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Let’s Make Bangkok’s Central Park!
- Red Protests – May 21, 2010
- 21 Years Ago: Black May
- Thai General Elections – December 23, 2007
- The Hopewell Project
- A tale of two newspapers: Black May 13 years later
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd