Thai embrace of medical tourism divides professionals – Guardian, April 26, 2011
…There are also concerns over the growing divergence between state and private health provision. Some of the big private hospitals now resemble five-star hotels. Doormen will guide you to a gleaming marble foyer before elevator attendants take you to your waiting room. These “hotel-spitals”, designed specifically for the needs of foreign patients, mean that the Thai middle classes are increasingly unable to afford private healthcare provision at these centres…
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?
- Chase the government!
- Kissing in parliament