Thai elections revive drug war controversy – AFP, June 24, 2011
…”I wish I could kill them,” food vendor Somporn said of the former prime minister and the policemen he blames for the death of his son, found tied to a tree in a public park in the northeastern town of Kalasin.
Pravit Sattawut died seven years ago, aged 21 — killed, rights groups suspect, by the town’s police as part of Thaksin’s notorious crackdown on drugs, which outraged critics for its alleged extrajudicial murders and abuses…
- A tale of two newspapers: Gangs controlling motorcycle taxis
- The Bangkok Land Skytrain
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Red Protests – May 21, 2010
- Ten Years Ago: The gangs that control motorcycle taxis
- Thai General Elections – December 23, 2007
- Let’s Make Bangkok’s Central Park!
- 21 Years Ago: Black May
- The Hopewell Project
- A tale of two newspapers: Black May 13 years later
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd