Thai court rules troops responsible for Italian reporter’s death – Reuters, May 29, 2013
…Fabio Polenghi, 48, was killed on the morning of May 19 when troops moved in to disperse “red shirt” supporters of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who had been camped in the centre of the capital for weeks, demanding an early election.
“The court ruled that orders given by Prime Minister Abhisit and Deputy Prime Minister Suthep that day led to Fabio’s death,” Karom Ponthaklang, a lawyer for the journalist’s family, told reporters…
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out