Thai coup critics in for long wait to return from exile – The Straits Times, December 8, 2014
[This is indeed a sobering article for exiles who seem to spend most of their time online predicting that counter coups and people’s uprisings are imminent.]
…Similarly, Charupong denies being aided by Thaksin. He spends most of his time trying to muster support for the FT-HD, which has been petering out from international consciousness as foreign governments gradually come around to working with the government led by coup-maker Prayuth Chan-ocha.
His assets in Thailand were frozen but he maintains a stoic front. “My life is much better than (that of) many Thais who have to live under the junta, my former colleagues in the cabinet in particular,” he says. “They can’t speak or move…”
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military