Thai coup critics in for long wait to return from exile – The Straits Times, December 8, 2014
[This is indeed a sobering article for exiles who seem to spend most of their time online predicting that counter coups and people’s uprisings are imminent.]
…Similarly, Charupong denies being aided by Thaksin. He spends most of his time trying to muster support for the FT-HD, which has been petering out from international consciousness as foreign governments gradually come around to working with the government led by coup-maker Prayuth Chan-ocha.
His assets in Thailand were frozen but he maintains a stoic front. “My life is much better than (that of) many Thais who have to live under the junta, my former colleagues in the cabinet in particular,” he says. “They can’t speak or move…”
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- The Democrats join in the burning
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- They are going to get Prawit
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- The military party deserves a head start
- Not Richard Mille