Thai Comics History and Industry – comicbookbin.com, March 11, 2012
…Thailand also has what I would call a more macho visual culture. It’s not always about cute and sweet and the symbolization of cartoon and comics icons into almost pure hieroglyphics close to their written language, like China and Japan. Instead the literal illustration is taken re-purposed through culture, but its visual depiction is raw and not as distilled…
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Dhammakaya leaving Thailand?
- Bangkok’s Pig
- It’s everywhere
- Prayuth and his elders
- No interest in no interest