Thai Clampdown on Internet Traffic Worries Companies – WSJ, September 15, 2011
…”By holding an intermediary liable for the actions of its users, this case could set a dangerous precedent and have a significant long-term impact on Thailand’s economy,” the Asia Internet Coalition said in a statement released this month. The Hong Kong-based group was founded last year by eBay, Google, Nokia Corp., Microsoft Corp. unit Skype, and Yahoo to lobby on Internet policy issues around Asia, such as Thailand’s computer crimes law.
“Changing the way the Internet works in Thailand by denying intermediaries the protections they are granted in most countries around the world could have a significant detrimental impact,” the group said, without quantifying the economic toll of the stringent laws…
- The King’s Birthday
- Don’t cling to power!
- The reason Prawit must stay
- Watch for Prayuth in the next elections
- The Democrats join in the burning
- Forgotten krathong
- Weekly News Magazines: Loving Prayuth, November, 2017
- Massaging the economy
- Lucky the Red Shirts didn’t carry sticks!
- Weekly News Magazines: The cabinet sticks together, November-December, 2017
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch